HOW TO BECOME A PAS REGULAR MEMBER (OR RENEW)
Regular Membership in the Pencil Art Society is open to artists 18 years of age and older.
Regular Membership dues are $25.00 (Canadian funds) and become due annually on June 1, with the Membership year expiring every May 31.
Regular Membership dues which are received between March 1 through to June 1 of any given year will be considered to be immediately valid for the remainder of the membership year, as well as for the membership year that starts on June 1.
Regular Membership will be considered to have lapsed if dues are not received by August 31 of the membership year.
IMPORTANT: Dues cover one single Membership Year and are not prorated.
If you have any questions regarding membership in PAS, please contact the Secretary.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP IN THE PENCIL ART SOCIETY
- Regular, Life and Honourary Member names are listed on our website and linked to their own member gallery page, on which they may have their contact info, bio/statement, and two images of their work displayed.
- Regular and Life Members are entitled to enter our member-only biennial PAS Online Member Juried Exhibitions.
- Regular and Life Members have the opportunity to earn Signature Status with PAS.
- Regular and Life Members have the opportunity to apply for and be awarded Master Pencil Artist Status with PAS.
- All Members receive email invitations to exhibition receptions, workshops, fundraising events and various other PAS functions.
- All Members receive the PAS magazine, Go Brushless!, bi-annually.
- All Members receive email notices of all general meetings.
- All Members may attend any general meeting of the Pencil Art Society
- All Members may speak at any general meeting of the Pencil Art Society.
WHAT ARE LIFE AND HONOURARY MEMBERSHIPS?
Life Membership in PAS is reserved for those individuals who are recognized as having contributed outstanding and lasting value to the Pencil Art Society. To become a Life Member of the Pencil Art Society, an individual must have been a Founder of the Pencil Art Society or must be granted Life Membership by unanimous vote of the Executive Council.
To become an Honourary Member of the Pencil Art Society, an individual must be appointed by the Board as such. Honourary Membership in PAS is reserved for those individuals who are recognized by the PAS Board for their outstanding artistic skill and/or achievements in pencil media. No more than one individual may be appointed for Honourary Membership in any single calendar year. Honourary Members may not enter PAS exhibitions, and are ineligible to vote at PAS meetings and may not run for or hold office. An Honourary Membership lasts for the lifetime of the member.